2022 Chevy Equinox Fuel Efficiency
Crossover SUVs are renowned among Oceanside drivers for their upright posture, ease of use, and general practicality. That said, most of these large vehicles are far from what anyone would call fuel efficient. The 2022 Chevy Equinox is different. Coming in at a thousand pounds lighter than many of its competitors and sporting surprisingly slick aerodynamics, the 2022 Chevy Equinox fuel efficiency is up to 26 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. Continue reading to learn more about 2022 Chevy Equinox MPG from the experts at Quality Chevrolet!
2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage Details
There are two main drivetrain configurations available for the 2022 model year, both using the same engine. 2022 Chevy Equinox fuel efficiency does vary slightly depending on which you select, but both are highly efficient. Here are the EPA statistics:
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with FWD: EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with AWD: EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/30 mpg highway
2022 Chevy Equinox Engine Power
A crossover SUV is not some prototype hypermiler, so it needs to be capable of moving people and cargo easily around Poway. The power to accomplish this comes from the turbocharged inline four under the hood. The turbocharger can force in additional air into the engine under load for power, while allowing peak MPG while being driven normally around Carlsbad.
1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder Performance Specs
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- Max. Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds
The 2022 Chevy Equinox can tow up to 1,500 pounds, thanks to this extra grunt. Find out more about the Equinox’s engine and capabilities with these Equinox details.
Fuel Efficiency Features of the Equinox
The reasons for the Equinox’s fuel sipping abilities are simple, but important. While this requires a holistic engineering effort, these are some MPG-improving feature highlights:
- Automatic Stop/Start: When you stop at a red light, the Equinox’s engine will stop, and then instantly start again when the light turns green. This small feature is enabled by the array of sensors throughout the braking and powertrain system, and saves a surprising amount of fuel around Oceanside. There is also a manual switch to toggle the system on or off.
- Light Weight and Turbocharged Engine: These combined features lead to most of the Equinox’s MPG advantage. The car-like unibody chassis of the Equinox is much lighter and more efficient than the truck-based chassis of many other SUVs. The 1.5L turbo engine is all aluminum to save further weight, while boasting a labyrinthine electronic control system to squeeze maximum efficiency out of the vehicle in all driving conditions.
Test drive the 2022 Chevy Equinox at Quality Chevrolet!
Now that you know what the 2022 Chevy Equinox can do in terms of fuel economy and thus what it can do for your budget, visit Quality Chevrolet to see one for yourself in person! Use our trade-in calculator and vehicle finder service to plan and select the perfect Equinox for you. We look forward to seeing you!
More from Quality Chevrolet
The wait is finally over for truck enthusiasts eagerly anticipating the arrival of the new 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV. Chevrolet has completely reimagined what a pickup truck can be, and the latest offering is nothing short of impressive. Packed with power, capability, and a host of advanced features, the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV is set…
Are you ready to invest in a family-friendly EV for all your drives around Oceanside? The brand-new 2024 Chevy Equinox EV fits the bill, and will give you a chance to reduce your refueling costs, lower your maintenance costs, and make your life more convenient with public charging stations that cost less than gasoline….
Interested in the cost of Chevy Trailblazers? Want to make sure you’re getting the best bang for your buck by finding out how much does a Chevy Trailblazer cost per trim level? The 2024 Chevy Trailblazer starts at an enticing $23,100 MSRP, making it an accessible choice for drivers across Oceanside. Below, we’ll delve…