Car Key Replacement
If you lost your keys or just want to have an extra set, we can create new ones for you. Please note that we can’t release information about key codes, key numbers, or security chips. For security and protection against auto theft, dealer personnel requires positive identification of the person making the request and vehicle ownership through registration with all of the following pieces of documentation prior to making new keys:
- Copy of the driver’s license
- Copy of the title or insurance card
- Copy of the registration
- Vehicle license plate number
Our Dealership must make a permanent file, by VIN of all key requests; the file must include copies of the following:
- Government issued picture ID (Drivers License)
- Vehicle’s registration or other proof of ownership. Caution: Registration should have normal markings from the State or Province that it was issued.
- Copy of the paid customer receipt which has the name of the employee who cut and sold the key to the customer.
This file is subject to review by Regional Field Staff, GM Audit, GM Security and law enforcement agencies. If vehicle ownership cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, key codes or keys will not be provided.
Key Fob Battery Replacement
If they key fob for your Chevy has stopped working or is slow to respond to clicks, you may just need to change the battery. To confirm that this is the case, stop by and we’ll help you troubleshoot this problem. If this is the case, it’s simply a matter of opening the fob and replacing the old battery with a new one.